The Blogging of Christ
OK, that was irreverent. You know, blogging instead of flogging? Nevermind.
I have more or less recovered from Craig Ferguson's alleged infidelity (ha! ha! ha!). I'm so sad. As in, mildly pathetic.
It's a cloudy day out there. My friends are due back in a few hours. It seems like I get up and they're here three seconds later. Time is racing, for some reason. Always seems the way when you need it to s...l...o...w d...o....w....n. Yep.
Today I read about Bush's latest nominee for the supreme court, a Ms. Miers. Hmm. The Washington Post had a whole bit about how Bush prefers to stick to the folks in his inner circle (think: book burnings! Bible reading! bad comb-overs! watching The Price is Right and extolling the virtues of Bob Barker!) instead of looking at "sterling resumes" from other sources. Gee, what a surprise! Bush is a schmuck, but shh, be careful, a Secret Service agent is reading this as we speak. Whatever has happened to America since 9-11 sure as shit hasn't been pretty, but that's just me.
I also wonder who in the world Martha Stewart is supposed to be. I caught a brief unenlightening glimpse of her talkshow thingie and it was great watching her struggle to be all Donna Reed-esque. In fact I think she's a tough person who doesn't tolerate fools, but since this is America, she must be poured into the genteel feminine mold of your choice. Donna Reed seems to be the ticket. I don't think somehow we are seeing the "real Martha", but I'll spare you the true rant, 'cause I don't got no energy, people! Pass me the gravy, Ma.
Lord-e-loo, Miss Sue, I got too much to do.
Which brings me to decision-making and self-help books. What I have learned is this: self-help books suck, and decisions are required of us all. To be a mature adult, you have to make a few.
Just don't take insider trading tips and end up at Camp Cupcake, like Martha. Even if you get three TV shows out of it.
The moral of the story is, it pays to be right-wing and conservative and well-connected. It also pays to be Martha Stewart in prison, 'cause when you get out, people want to jump on that bandwagon like nobody's business.
As for me, I mourn the passing of Mr. Rogers, and the perfidy of Scottish men.
Get over it, will ya?
I have more or less recovered from Craig Ferguson's alleged infidelity (ha! ha! ha!). I'm so sad. As in, mildly pathetic.
It's a cloudy day out there. My friends are due back in a few hours. It seems like I get up and they're here three seconds later. Time is racing, for some reason. Always seems the way when you need it to s...l...o...w d...o....w....n. Yep.
Today I read about Bush's latest nominee for the supreme court, a Ms. Miers. Hmm. The Washington Post had a whole bit about how Bush prefers to stick to the folks in his inner circle (think: book burnings! Bible reading! bad comb-overs! watching The Price is Right and extolling the virtues of Bob Barker!) instead of looking at "sterling resumes" from other sources. Gee, what a surprise! Bush is a schmuck, but shh, be careful, a Secret Service agent is reading this as we speak. Whatever has happened to America since 9-11 sure as shit hasn't been pretty, but that's just me.
I also wonder who in the world Martha Stewart is supposed to be. I caught a brief unenlightening glimpse of her talkshow thingie and it was great watching her struggle to be all Donna Reed-esque. In fact I think she's a tough person who doesn't tolerate fools, but since this is America, she must be poured into the genteel feminine mold of your choice. Donna Reed seems to be the ticket. I don't think somehow we are seeing the "real Martha", but I'll spare you the true rant, 'cause I don't got no energy, people! Pass me the gravy, Ma.
Lord-e-loo, Miss Sue, I got too much to do.
Which brings me to decision-making and self-help books. What I have learned is this: self-help books suck, and decisions are required of us all. To be a mature adult, you have to make a few.
Just don't take insider trading tips and end up at Camp Cupcake, like Martha. Even if you get three TV shows out of it.
The moral of the story is, it pays to be right-wing and conservative and well-connected. It also pays to be Martha Stewart in prison, 'cause when you get out, people want to jump on that bandwagon like nobody's business.
As for me, I mourn the passing of Mr. Rogers, and the perfidy of Scottish men.
Get over it, will ya?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home